Monday, September 19, 2011

Oooo It's a BAD WORD! and my family

That damn C word (cancer..sshhh) is a BAD WORD
I seriously think it is.  Saying the word cancer to me is like saying F*&%
as ridiculous as that may sound, think about it.  How many times a day
do you hear people mock the C word?
"oh you have a weird lump in your knee...its cancer"
"you feel sleepy? My second cousins sisters husbands brother read somewhere that means that you have cancer"
"My hair is short, I look like a cancer patient"
STOP IT


No one thinks you are funny and you are not sick. 
There are people who really are sick and you are mocking the everyday life that they have to live.
I have had so many patients come in and say stupid shit like this and I have to walk out
and hold back my immediate need to yell at them! Luckily I work with a very unstanding
doctor who lets me vent about how much that bugs me. People don't even realize when they are doing it,
I have noticed people in my life (names witheld for their protection) say things like that and
I just want to smack them.  It is not something that you should get in the habit of doing. 
These people are obviously people who have never been slapped in the face with the C
word with their family members or themselves. 
So it is a little hard to explain to them why that is such an ignorant comment to make. 

On a positive note... I am so thankful for my amazing family.
I used to get excited to hang out with friends and be crazy and party and dance with them...
now days?
I would rather sit in a circle and drink beer and homemade wine while singing "Long Haired Country Boy"
straight up Charlie Daniels style with my crazy and hilarious family.  Watch my nieces and nephews dance, and then eventually watch the older and drunk people dance on picnic tables and such.
High-freaking-light of late summer---crazy times spent with a bunch of people I love and adore.


1 comment:

  1. I am very proud of this crazy damn family. You are a very entertaining writer....talented you are! i hope this will post....I am sitting here waiting on printer software to download so my printer will work. My "nerd" son-in-law did not get it set up correctly!!!!

    ReplyDelete