Sunday, April 24, 2011

I want it...like way bad.






This contest looks like my dream come true.
I have this kitchen.
She isn't pretty but she isn't horrible.
It drives me crazy- I like literally don't go in there cause it bugs me so bad
It probably bugs me more because I work and go to school and my house should
just freaking be looking exactly how I want it to look!!!
so..lets see the dirty work eh?
 Remember when red kitchens were like way cool?
 the red stops here. I was already sick of it then...ssshhh don't tell my husband. He was still painting the second coat when I said "um let's just stop at the wall with the sliding glass door" and in my head was thinking..."blah!!!!"
 like my way too long curtains on the sliding glass door? wal-mart style baby..that's how I roll , and they usually only have like one size left in the color of curtains you want.  When your sliding glass door is naked and people can peep into your kitchen--you take what you can get. 

 This is what I HATE. THOSE CUPBOARDS!!

 I have these crazy cool arches in my house that are wasted on my ugly kitchen
WASTED I TELL YOU!

 yucky light brown cupboards that do not match...um oh yeah anything!!  

Did you throw up yet? 



cool tile in my entryway


 ugly linoleum in the kitchen...that has paint on it in random spots by the way (I am not a neat painter...like at all)


Oh yes...and there is also no window treatment on the window over the sink. When you are poor you just cover the main windows...you don't worry about the little one over the kitchen sink,... or in the bathroom,... or in your husband's nerd room where he gets dressed everyday. Minor details people, MINOR. 


See what I mean about the arches in my house? rocking your socks off right? That is actually the first thing I loved about our house. 


Oh Hi granite-looking-maybe-expensive-but-you're-not counter top..why are you attached to such ugly fake ish looking wood?

Let me tell you...I am a handles on my cupboards loving kinda girl...see how there are no handles on any of my cupboards in my kitchen? Embarrassing how I still to this day-after living in our house for a year- don't know which side to open them on? Handles people. these are a few of my favorite things (said in a Julie Andrews song voice)




notice our light above the table? see how it is a sideways and funky a little bit? That would be because anytime that our table is moved (ever so slightly might I add) and the light is hanging out there by itself someone always.....ALWAYS walks into it and nearly breaks it every time.  Especially if my husbands friend Lance is there...dude is like 6"4 and smacks his head on that every-freaking-time. You would think that someone who has been to our house so much and is used to being so tall would learn to watch out for low hanging light fixtures.  I don't bother fixing it because it will just get messed up again.
I despise this kitchen. It is the only thing I want to change in my house but I never have the money or the time..so please VR-- HELP ME HELP ME and come LOVE MY FREAKING GUTS!!! I am only in Salt Lake- that is just a mere 4 hours from you---ROAD TRIP!! You will save money on travel which would leave more money to destroy and re-love the sad little pathetic guts that are my kitchen. 
My husband would appreciate it as well because then he wouldn't have to hear me complain about it all the time! I have good intentions for this kitchen Mandi (for those of you that don't know who she is I suggest you learn, she will change your life...like fo' real), but I think you would make dreams come true if you came and worked some of that vintage revival magic on it.
Love,
The-kitchen-hating little Mrs.  

2 comments:

  1. I have no clue who you are but uot of the long list of little images i voted for yours.. without even coming here first! Hope you win!
    www.pillowthought.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks Lindsey!! sadly I did not win :( now that means that I will just have to convince the hubster to scrape up and save some money with me so we can do it ourselves!

    ReplyDelete