Wednesday, April 20, 2011

:: Come on get down with the sickness ::

cause you know I am.
1. Where did my random kick-yo butt cough come from?
2. Why don't I have a voice?
3. Why do I have a job where I need to talk a lot and be around people who hate being around sick people?
Ok so obviously I am a little under the weather- although really I'm not.
I have a cough that is kicking my trash and for some reason it is also causing my voice to disappear. cool right? I had like .5% of a voice this morning. I hauled my no-voice, 2-pack-a day-30-year-smoker sounding self into work and am a little bitter about it...can you tell?
So my loverly friend Brooke traded me this morning so that I could be in the lab and not have to talk much- which I fully appreciate but I have had two patients tell me already " why are you sick and at work? don't you know that those of us with diabetes have a weakened immune system and get sick really easily?"
Oh really? I had no idea!!! I haven't been working here for 5 years and I don't have a sister with type 1 diabetes so I did not know that!!...sarcasm much?  So I am a little bugged at my working environment today- but I have had mostly nice patients so that has made it a little better. On a really really positive note- I have a new baby niece!! WOOT FREAKIN WOOT! she does not have a name yet..which does not surprise me because that is how my brother has always been when it comes to naming his children but look how precious she is...
um hi..you are cute much.
Please excuse me now while I go cough up my internal organs..TMI I know but that's how I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment