Friday, August 19, 2011

:: House Tour ::

I have decided that I will have a house tour
as in house tour of MY house
post pics and tell you what I have changed/ remodeled and get some feedback
on what to do next. 

The first room you get to see is our Master bedroom because
that is my baby
the room I am most proud of
but sadly I suck at "before" pictures
I get so excited to change things and then I forget to take the before's!

So trust me- it was not pretty before
It was black and red and basically my room I had at my parents except it didn't look as cute
because I didn't have my awesome wallpaper or my adorable mirror
and it was in a bigger space so it didn't look as cute
if that makes any sense

So I consulted with the hubbs and after suggesting a hundred couple ideas
he finally agreed to one
Yellow and Gray...and black.
black is a boyish color
so we had to throw it in

Hello lover :)
that grey headboard was a DI find that only cost 20 dollars

our loverly bed- I still need to make a yellow and gray pillow

"I'm lost without you" is our song and it was a line in my wedding vows

My side of the bed
 (notice the picture of hubbs-on our wedding day-reading his vows)
the vase was 5 dollars and the sticks were recycled from our wedding centerpieces
and spray painted to match our room

His side
(picture of me reading my vows..and crying..haha)

Random little nook/corner with a 20 dollar vase&stick combo from Ikea

dresser I got for free from my sister
collage of pics from our wedding in DI frames
(not one frame cost me over $2.00)
the rose garland stuff was also a recycle from our wedding

close up of my beautiful hard work on my FREE dresser
It was just plain wood color before

I also replaced the top knobs- these flower looking ones were 3 dollars each

this is my favorite part- can you tell?

Hope chest look-alike
It is actually the bottom part of a china hutch-see how it has
4 doors on the front of it? this was a 20 dollar DI find

Black dresser was mine from my parents house
see my awkwardly placed jewelry box?

door to my closet

window seat area-I want to make a cushion for it but not sure how..??

Flower balls were 5 dollars each at Tai Pan
hooks they are on were 4.50 each also at Tai Pan

that gray little stand was free- it was left in a Uhaul truck so the hubbs
scooped it up a couple years ago when he worked there
Vase was 15 dollars and the sticks and such were a wedding recycle
View into my closet..yes MY closet
hubbs literally cannot fit any clothes in there

door to our bathroom-nope you don't get to see that yet
cause it's a mess and I hate it
what's that you ask? is that John Mayer?
why yes it is!
wanna see a close up?
Here ya go!!
My friend Jamie's husband stenciled and spray painted that for me
for my birthday! Awesome-ness? yes I think so

My crazy, odd-shaped, high ceilings

more of the weird shaped high ceilings

ugly "boob" light
I want a chandelier but haven't found an old vintage one to re-do

gotta have some pics of my beloved New York in there!

This is a shadow box that has our wedding vows, a picture of our kiss
and the hubbs boutonniere in it.
cute ya?
I got this frame for free from my aunt


So that is my pride and joy
my beautiful and frugal re-do of the master bedroom
maybe I can find some before pics so you can see the big difference
seriously though..
BIG difference
Once I clean the rest of my house I will continue with the house tour
but school starts next week so I may be extra lazy from now on

1 comment:

  1. Your room is so cute!! My cousin who has a decorating business just helped me redecorate a wall in my living room and my nxt project is my bedroom. She sent me a pic of a very similar looking room to yours. The exact same colors. And.....I'm thinking it's a great idea after seeing how cute yur room looks!

    ReplyDelete