Thursday, October 6, 2011

Slack-Town population: Me

Yep, that's me. Slackerville USA.  I can't believe I give other people such crap for not
updating their blogs when I have been terrible lately. Let's get y'all up to speed shall we?
The Mister Mr. and his job hunts-  He heard about, applied, interviewed and got a job at a scrapbook company called " We R Memory Keepers". All this happened in one week. One week...seriously.
He is only working there part-time right now and still working his other job part-time as well.  He has had three, yes count them, THREE interviews with apple.  So that's positive right? They told him that they are really interested in him for the part of "creative"- which would be him being nerdy and teaching people all about their fine apple products.  We have not heard back from the Apple yet because on the 4th they announced the new iPhone specs and yesterday the 5th....
this man died. Woah. Sad face. Steve Jobs- the main man of apple.  The genius behind it all.  The Mister Mr's nerd man god.  So I imagine apple has been fairly busy and the company is still working on who their new employees will be.
 R.I.P Mr. Jobs, thanks for making all my hubby's dreams come true. Hopefully he will be the next you.

 I have been making wreaths and getting excited for fall.

too bad we live in Utah. We only get a day or two of fall before the nasty white stuff comes and ruins my dreams of jumping into fall leaves and taking gorgeous pictures in the mountains (shakes fist in air at the thought of winter) My sister finished chemo (Woot woot) she will start her five weeks of radiation soon. She is such a rock through all this.  There are days you can tell she just does not feel good and just wants to rest and sleep.  But when she feels good she is doing her normal things and being her anal Annie self- she is just like my mom and does not understand the concept of " Rest, just relax and take your time to heal" nope. They are the women that can't sit still because they are thinking about all the things they could be doing with their house, yard or kids.  Just being good moms basically.  Speaking of those two wonderful women ( my mom and my sister) they have birthdays this month! Mom on the 2nd and Jodie on the 9th- so HAPPY FREAKING BIRTHDAY TO THE MOST AMAZING WOMEN IN MY LIFE!!!!

Nothing too crazy exciting happening for me personally, school is going ok.  I really like my teacher and have made a really good friend in class.  We have our first big test on the 18th- wish me luck! That damn X Ray tube is a lot harder to move around than you would think! so naturally our first test is on "positioning the patient and moving the tube, upper extremity"
I have been thinking a lot about career and life lately.  Watching my doctor I work with, seeing how he tries to balance being a good physician and good father and husband wears me out.  He is an AMAZING doc- don't get me wrong but the other day when his wife (who is also a physician) wanted to go to lunch he was seriously debating it because he had "so much work to do".  After much of my persuading they did attempt to go to lunch but couldn't find a parking spot right away so they decided to scrap it because they both had meetings and patients to get back to.  I thought is this any way to live? Having to squish in quality time with your significant other?  telling you child that they will just have to wait at the school until you are finished with your last patient and can pick them up?....an hour and a half later.  Not getting a full nights sleep because you wake up at 4 am and type patient notes? This all works for him and his wife and children but I don't think it would work for me.  If this cancer BS has taught me anything it's that life is precious, people in your life are precious, and time spent with them, laughing, crying and growing with them is THE most wonderful part of life.  You never know what tomorrow will bring, you never know who will get sick, you never know if that one event you didn't attend for someone meant more to them than a thousand phone calls from you.  Being successful and having a great career (especially one where you help people) is amazing! Being able to stick a small needle into someones neck and then be able to tell them if they have cancer or not is an incredible talent! One I would never be able to do as successfully for so many years.
......But for me? Family, loved ones, friends, a nice, comfortable roof over your head are what is most important. People are too caught up (myself included) in this whole idea that you need to have every cool new electronic, make tons of money, drive fancy cars and have a huge house that you pay someone else to clean. Let's all just be happy mmmkay? let's just be grateful for everything we have earned, if we do more? great! if we don't? if we just live life the way we want, raise kids, make wreaths, and drive Mazda's instead of a Lexus? Even better. As long as we have each other and those we love are healthy- 
"this could really be a good life"  

1 comment:

  1. So very true....so glad you are learning this now......some people never get it. Enjoy the simple things...they are the most important in the end. Love you.......

    ReplyDelete