Tuesday, May 17, 2011

:: Hope ::

I have HOPE.
hope that some day cancer will no longer be a feared word
hope that we wont need to wear ribbons to show the pain we have felt
hope that hair loss will only be associated with old age
hope that children and families will not be scared of the unknown
hope that everytime a "lump" is found in the future we don't immediately think the worst
hope that surgery is not something people will need to save their life
Putting poison and radiation through our bodies will be a thing of the past
we will wear pink because it's pretty- not because we want to show the cancer we have seen


 Untill that day...
Myself
my mother
my sister
my other sisters
my brother
my father
and everyone else close to our family
will look breast cancer in the face
and say
F@#! you!!
we will defeat you
we will do it with class
we will do it with the support of our loved ones
and we will fight you because we are tough
we are the Black's
we don't mess around
we get shit done
and we get it done right

Nobody is stronger than a woman raising four boys
running her husbands company
and dealing with the lifelong disease diabetes
NOBODY
and no one is more supportive than her crazy family

She has guardian angels
because she herself is an angel here on eath

so again I say
 F@#! you
breast cancer
we are going to kick your ass Black Family style.






It's time to get my game face on
I have a disease to fight
and a sister to love.

3 comments:

  1. Um excuse me..... How come I never know about this new blog you have???
    You made me cry by the way..... LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What the? How odd that I run across your "blog". And your sister just finds it too? Is it supposed to be secret or what? Crazy Girl! I have been reading and I still can't believe your married and have your own house!?!?!?!?! That's just nuts! Well finally, I can update my blog with your new blog address. I always check your family blog in hopes someone will post on there how everyone is doing. Jodie is one busy Mama so she doesn't post on hers very often. But it seems as though you do!! YAY!!!
    So... I have to ask, what's all this BS about cancer? I know your sweet Mama had it, don't tell me it's back?

    ReplyDelete